The nominating committee met on Wednesday, February 7, for the purpose of creating a slate of nominees to serve as officers of Schaumburg Township Council of PTA for the 2018-2019 term.
We, the nominating committee, submit the following individuals as the STC officer nominees:
- President: Jim Sklena
- 1st Vice President: Jennifer Ratkovich
- 2nd Vice President: Quinn Kuipers
- Recording Secretary: Michelle Pikscher
- Corresponding Secretary: Lisa Reck
- Treasurer: Alison Carlson
- Lisa Reck (Chair) – Aldrin
- Andy DuRoss – Superintendent
- Alison Carlson – Addams
- Kim Moore – Mead
- Sue Budak – Lincoln Prairie
- John Paul Pizzica – Fairview
- Shonda Dudlicek – Eisenhower
- Cheryl Gleason – Stevenson
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs has money available for special projects and it is looking for your ideas to Spend the Cash.
The funds are available because of a multi-year donation from Lifetouch (our school picture provider). Your idea for spending all or part of that cash must be a program or event that upholds the mission and values of PTA and benefits all of the School District 54 students.
Any PTA/PTSA member may submit an idea. Suggestions are due by Jan. 31, 2018. The STC Executive Board will vote by ballot at its February meeting. The announcement of the selected projects will be made at the auction in March.
To submit your idea, you can click here to complete the form online or click here to print out the STC Spend The Cash Proposals Form and send it to your school’s PTA/PTSA president or directly to Schaumburg Township Council President Jim Sklena (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All ideas must uphold the mission and values of the PTA.
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
PTA Purposes (Historical Goals of PTA)
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA’s goal of a quality education and nurturing environment for every child.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs (STC) is seeking nominations for the Executive Committee. Nominations are being accepted for President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary and Treasurer. To be eligible for nomination an individual must have served as a member of the STC executive board, or as an officer of a local unit in the council or have attended STC executive board/president meetings within the last three years. The consent of each candidate must be obtained before the person’s name can be placed in nomination. Please submit nominations to Lisa Reck email@example.com by Monday, January 22, 2018.
Presides over all meetings of the council and its executive board. Is a member ex-officio of all committees except the nominating committee and, if authorized to sign checks, the audit committee. Signs all legal documents, including contracts. Appoints members to special committees subject to approval of the executive board. Sign with the secretary all orders on the treasury of the council. Helps to extend PTA work into all parts of the council territory. Provides a monthly report to the STC Board of Education as on their agenda. Coordinates the work of the officers and committee in order that the Objects may be promoted. Submits council plan of work and all circularized materials. Has completed the Illinois PTA President’s Course before election or within six months of election. Serves on the District 54 Education Foundation Board as well as other duties that may be delegated or assigned.
First Vice President
Assists president as needed. Performs duties of the president in the absence of that officer. Serves as chairman of the program committee and perform such other duties as may be delegated.
Second Vice President
Assists president as needed. Performs duties of the president in the absence of that officer and the first vice president. Serves as chairman of the legislation committee and perform such other duties as may be delegated.
Keeps an accurate record in a permanent form of the minutes of all meetings of this council and the executive board. Signs all delegate credentials. Cosigns checks in the absence of the president or treasurer. Cannot serve on the audit committee. Performs such other duties as may be delegated.
Conducts the official correspondence of this council in triplicate, keeping one copy on file, and transmitting one to the president and one to the respective board member. Keeps an accurate roster of the name of the local PTA/PTSA units in membership, the name and addresses of local PTA/PTSA unit officers and delegates, and the names and addresses of the members of the council executive board. Performs such other duties as may be delegated.
Receives all monies of this organization and keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures. Places all monies in a depository approved by the executive board. Pays out funds in accordance with the budget as approved by the membership and authorized by properly signed vouchers. Vouchers shall be signed by two persons. Checks shall be signed by the treasurer and one other duly elected and authorized officer. Presents a written financial statement in triplicate at every meeting of the organization and at other times as requested by the executive board. Provides the checkbook, all bank statements, canceled and voided check, deposit slips, receipt book, treasurer’s record book, vouchers and invoices for all disbursement to the audit committee who shall satisfy that the treasurer’s annual report is correct and shall prepare and sign a statement to be incorporated with said annual report no later than July 15. Is responsible for completion and filing of appropriate forms as may be required by IRS no later than the date established by the regulations. Cannot be a member of the audit committee. Completes the official Illinois PTA Finance training within six months of election and closes the books annually by June 30.
Thank you from the 2017-2018 STC Nominating Committee
Lisa.Reck@nullclaires.com – Lisa Reck (Chair) – Aldrin
AndyDuRoss@nullsd54.org – Andy DuRoss – Superintendent
firstname.lastname@example.org – Alison Carlson – Einstein
email@example.com – Kim Moore – Nerge
firstname.lastname@example.org – Shonda Dudlicek – Eisenhower
email@example.com – Sue Budak – (Alternate)
firstname.lastname@example.org – John Paul Pizzica – Fairview
email@example.com – Cheryl Gleason – (Alternate)
Schaumburg Township Council of PTA offers scholarships for graduating seniors who attended a District 54 school. There are three types of scholarships.
- Junior College/Trade School/Vocational School Scholarships for seniors with a GPA of 2.85 or higher or a weighted GPA of 2.9 or higher (one scholarship available).
- Four-Year College/University Scholarships for seniors with a GPA of 3.3 or higher or a weighted GPA of 3.6 or (eight scholarships available).
- The Bonnie Greenberg Memorial Scholarship for a graduating senior with special education needs. The student need not be enrolled in special education classes, but must have a current IEP (one scholarship available).
Visit the high school scholarship website to complete the applications online by 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 2, 2018. Copies are also available at local high school guidance offices.