Schaumburg Township Council of PTA offers scholarships for graduating seniors who attended a District 54 school. There are three types of scholarships.
- Junior College/Trade School/Vocational School Scholarships for seniors with a GPA of 2.85 or higher or a weighted GPA of 2.9 or higher (one scholarship available). Click here to complete the Junior College/Trade School/Vocational School Scholarship Application online.
- Four-Year College/University Scholarships for seniors with a GPA of 3.3 or higher or a weighted GPA of 3.6 or (six scholarships available). Click here to complete the Four-Year College Scholarship Application online.
- The Bonnie Greenberg Memorial Scholarship for a graduating senior with special education needs. The student need not be enrolled in special education classes, but must have a current IEP (one scholarship available). Click here to complete the Bonnie Greenberg Scholarship Application online.
All applications are due by 3 p.m. Friday, February 7, 2020. All candidates will be notified by April 15, 2020.
Awards will be presented at the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs Scholarship Recognition Dinner on May 8, 2020, and all recipients’ attendance will be requested.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Tunquist at email@example.com or 630-335-6855.
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs has received a grant from Lifetouch (our school picture provider) to offset the costs of PTA activities at the local unit level.
Each PTA will receive $400 for anything you need to fund that falls within the PTA objectives and values. You can host a cultural arts assembly, get new equipment for PTA programs, offset the costs of inside recess games or outside recess equipment, or whatever else you decide.
To receive a reimbursement, submit a Spend the Cash application and wait for approval from the STC Executive Committee. Once approved, spend teh cash and submit a check request to the STC treasurer. Receipts must be included.
PTA Purposes (Historical Goals of PTA)
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA’s goal of a quality education and nurturing environment for every child.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
The STC Elementary Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of the scholarships for summer enrichment camps and programs this year. The STC of PTAs extends its congratulations to the 105 recipients and its best wishes to ALL of the 134 students who applied. The committee would like to thank the local unit Elementary Scholarship Coordinators at each of our schools who worked to make this program a success.
|First Name||Last Initial||School||Grade||Camp|
|Leah||R||Addams||7th||Schaumburg Park District Team Voyager|
|Joshua||L||Addams||7th||District 54 Stem Camp|
|Nyah||S||Anne Fox||5th||Explorers Camp|
|Ema||B||Armstrong||K||Creative Arts Camp|
|Victoria||B||Armstrong||1st||Splash Down Camp|
|Zoie||F||Blackwell||6th||White Pines Summer|
|Luka||I||Blackwell||2nd||Sports, Splash & Create Camp|
|Ioakeim Aggelos||M||Campanelli||2nd||Hockey Camp|
|Talia||R||Collins||6th||Become a Kid Entrepreneur|
|Henry||B||Collins||K||All Star Sports Soccer|
|Laila||C||Collins||K||Gymnastics Tumble Cheer|
|Madison||S||Collins||2nd||Tumble Cheer Camp|
|Joshua||J||Dirksen||5th||NWSRA Day Camp|
|Austin||C||Dirksen||1st||Animal Crackers |
at Spring Valley
|Hatim||E||Dirksen||2nd||Kasper Summer Camp|
|Drake||B||Dooley||2nd||EV3 Mindstorm Robotics|
|Diana||C||Dooley||5th||Art Excellence Camp|
|Shunto||S||Dooley||K||Camptastic Day Camp|
|Henry||M||Dooley||1st||Lil SOS @ Spring Valley Nature Center|
|Shuue||O||Dooley||5th||Minecraft A Networked Adventure|
|Ajay||V||Einstein||1st||Camptastic Day Camp|
|Ethan||G||Einstein||5th||Lights, Camera…Toy Story|
|Richard||Y||Einstein||4th||Soccer 54 Fitness League|
|Nicholas||P||Eisenhower||7th||Jr. Golf Tigers|
|Anna||D||Fairview||6th||Camp Juniper Knoll/Cast Iron Chef|
|Dhruvi||J||Fairview||5th|| From My Head|
|Aaryan||A||Fairview||3rd||Ukulele for Beginners – Harper In Zone|
|Frank||G||Fox||K|| Chicago Bulls Youth |
|Dylan||S||Fox||2nd||S.O.S. Junior Camp|
|Cassandra||K||Frost||7th||Van Buren Youth Camp|
|Cristina Mary||W||Frost||7th||Track and field|
|Carissa||K||Frost||7th||IRCA Summer Spirit|
|Colton||M|| Hanover |
|Chelsey||S||Hoover||6th||Rise Dance Summer|
|Evan||D||Hoover||3rd||Golf Youth Clinic|
|Alexa||A||Hoover||3rd|| Gymnastics Summer|
|Blake||A||Hoover||6th||I Want to be a Star|
|Eleanor||C||Hoover||2nd||I Want to be a Star|
|Oliver||H||Hoover||5th||I Want to be a Star|
|Diana||V||Hoover||2nd||I Want to be a Star|
|Rujuta||S||Hoover||4th||Lights, Camera…Toy Story|
|Kyle||P||Hoover||5th||SOS Skills |
for Outdoor Survival
|Leilani||C||Lakeview||5th||NIHF – STEM Inventors|
|Avery||S|| Lincoln |
|Sam||J|| Lincoln |
|Kirsten||L|| Lincoln |
|2nd||Group Guitar for Beginners|
|Riley||T|| Lincoln |
|Zoe||C|| Lincoln |
|2nd||Splash Down Camp|
|6th||Rise Dance Summer Dance|
|Charlie||K||Link||6th||PGC Basketball Skills Academy|
|Brody||S||Link||6th||PGC Basketball Skills Academy|
|Sean||K||Link||2nd||Kasper Summer Camp|
|Gwendolynn||R||MacArthur||5th||Summer Soccer Camp|
|Alexa||S||MacArthur||3rd||Creative Arts Camp|
|Kailey||W||MacArthur||5th||Summer Horse Camp|
|Kasia||M||MacArthur||6th||SAA Golden Goal Striker Camp|
|Olivia||P||MacArthur||5th||Summer Instrumental Music|
|Jessica||P||Nerge||6th||Overshadowed’s Youth Theater Camp|
|Matthew||S||Nerge||5th||Rolling Meadows Renegades Hockey Camp|
|Joseph||S||Nerge||3rd||Elk Grove Park District Art Camp|
|Seyenna||P||Nerge||5th||3D Printing Through Art & Architecture|
|Rilyn||B||Nerge||1st||Girls Just Wanna Dance Camp|
|Olivia||O||Stevenson||K||Summer Camp at Tutor Time|
|Joline||K||Stevenson||1st||Aqua Summer Camp – Mermaids & Minnows|
|Carter||R||Stevenson||K||Camp Invention – STEM Camp|
The nominating committee submits the following slate of nominees to serve as officers of the Schaumburg Township Council of PTA for the 2019-20 term.
- President: Jim Sklena
- 1st Vice President: Katie Forsythe
- 2nd Vice President: Eileen Morris
- Recording Secretary: Michelle Pikscher
- Corresponding Secretary: Quinn Kuipers
- Treasurer: Cheryl Gleason
The slate will be announced at the PTA Auction on March 8.