Free Money for Your PTA
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs has received a grant from Lifetouch (our school picture provider) to offset the costs of PTA activities at the local unit level.
Each PTA will receive $400 for anything you need to fund that falls within the PTA objectives and values. You can host a cultural arts assembly, get new equipment for PTA programs, offset the costs of inside recess games or outside recess equipment, or whatever else you decide.
To receive a reimbursement, submit a Spend the Cash application and wait for approval from the STC Executive Committee. Once approved, spend teh cash and submit a check request to the STC treasurer. Receipts must be included.
PTA Purposes (Historical Goals of PTA)
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA’s goal of a quality education and nurturing environment for every child.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.