Elementary scholarship applications available
As part of its commitment to life-long learning, the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs (STC) offers scholarships for summer programs and camps to District 54 students currently in kindergarten through seventh grade who wish to broaden their education, talents and experiences.
Registration is encouraged so that your child can secure a spot in the camp/program you have put on the application. If you choose to wait to see if you have received a scholarship, you run the risk of the camp/program that you have applied for being full or cancelled.
You are responsible for registering for the camp. If you have not registered, you will need to do so by May 20, 2019 at the latest.
Changing of programs/camps will not be permitted once you have been notified that you have received the scholarship awards for the camp/program listed on your application.
Please submit the online application form or the printable application form and send all required documentation to your child’s school office by the date designated by your PTA/PTSA Elementary Scholarship Coordinator. Required documentation should be placed in a sealed envelope, labeled STC Elementary Scholarship Application; please do not staple/tape/paperclip anything together.
A full and complete application must include all of the following:
- Completion of ALL sections of the online form:
- You can also print out the application, complete it, and send it to your school office:
- A copy of the summer camp/program brochure with description (including cost information). Do not send entire catalog/website information.
- A copy of the completed application/registration form (no exceptions)
- A copy (not the original) of the parent/guardian PTA/PTSA membership card for the 2018-19 academic year, or written verification of PTA/PTSA membership from local unit membership chair or local unit president. (Parent/Guardian must be a PTA member at the school attended by the child applying for the scholarship. Must be a PTA member by March 1, 2019).
Please note that any application not meeting all of the criteria will be disqualified. No materials will be returned.
Scholarships will be awarded for the full cost of the summer program/camp up to $125.
- All scholarship checks will be forwarded directly to the summer program/camp.
- One application may be submitted per student.
- No household will be awarded more than one scholarship each year.
- No student will be awarded a scholarship for more than two consecutive years.
The summer program or camp must start on or after June 1, 2019 and be completed by September 1, 2019. To comply with the Bylaws of PTA, to be “noncommercial, nonsectarian, and nonpartisan,” a camp with the purpose of religious instruction will be ineligible for a scholarship.
All candidates will be notified of committee decisions by the beginning of May, 2019.
Scholarship recipients are encouraged to notify STC describing the benefits of having attended the camp/program for which the scholarship is received.
Please note that this program is not the same, nor is it affiliated with the Schaumburg Township Elementary School Foundation Memorial Scholarship Grant program.