District 54 students advance to PTA Reflections national competition
Six District 54 students qualified for the national level in Reflections, a PTA arts competition. The theme of the 2017-18 Reflection program was “Within Reach.” More than 300 District 54 students submitted entries in the following six arts areas: film production, dance choreography, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts.
- Haley A., an eighth-grade student at Addams, qualified in the film production category for her entry Better Place for All.
- Alex E., a fifth-grade student at Lakeview, qualified in the special artist – literature category for his entry The Real Dream.
- Clara E., a third-grade student at Lakeview, qualified in the special artist – dance choreography category for her entry Hard-Knock Life Dance.
- William M., a second-grade student at Dooley, qualified in the musical composition category for his entry A Violinist’s Journey.
- Taira S., a sixth-grade student at Dooley, qualified in the musical composition category for his entry Tsum Tsum.
- Roberto J., a sixth-grade student at Armstrong, qualified in the special artist – visual arts category for his entry The Entire Solar System.
Other District 54 students received honorable mentions at the state competition. They are as follows:
- Jaden S., A Gymnast’s Journey, grade 4, Hale
- Aditya K., Joyful Me, grade 2, Lincoln Prairie
- Monika N., Best of Me, grade 8, Mead
- Shune O., The Great Fall, grade 4, Dooley