The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs (STC) is seeking nominations for the Executive Committee. Nominations are being accepted for President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary and Treasurer.
To be eligible for nomination an individual must have served as a member of the STC executive board, or as an officer of a local unit in the council or have attended STC executive board/president meeting within the last three years. The consent of each candidate must be obtained before their name can be placed in nomination. To submit a nomination, fill out the STC Nomination Form and email to Cheryl Gleason firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 24, 2020.
PRESIDENT – Preside over all meetings of the council and its executive board. Is a member ex-officio of all committees except the nominating committee and, if authorized to sign checks, the audit committee. Sign all legal documents, including contracts. Appoint members to special committees subject to approval of the executive board. Sign with the secretary all orders on the treasury of the council. Help to extend PTA work into all parts of the council territory. Provide a monthly report to the STC Board of Education as on their agenda. Coordinate the work of the officers and committee in order that the Objects may be promoted. Submit council plan of work and all circularized materials. Complete the Illinois PTA President’s Course before election or within six months of election. Serve on the STC Elementary School Foundation Board as well as other duties that may be delegated or assigned.
1st VICE PRESIDENT – Assist President as needed. Perform duties of the president in the absence of that officer. Serve as chairman of the program committee and perform such other duties as may be delegated.
2nd VICE PRESIDENT – Assist President as needed. Perform duties of the president in the absence of that officer and the first vice president. Serve as chairman of the legislation committee and perform such other duties as may be delegated.
RECORDING SECRETARY – Keep accurate record in a permanent form of the minutes of all meetings of this council and the executive board. Sign all delegate credentials. Cosign checks in the absence of the president or treasurer. May not serve on the audit committee. Perform other duties as may be delegated.
CORRESPONDING SECRETARY – Conduct the official correspondence of this council in triplicate, keeping one copy on file, transmitting one copy to the president and one copy to the respective board member. Keep an accurate roster of the name of the local PTA/PTSA units in membership, the name and addresses of local PTA/PTSA unit officers and delegates, and the names and addresses of the members of the council executive board and perform such other duties as may be delegated.
TREASURER – Receive all monies of this organization and keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures. Place all monies in a depository approved by the executive board. Pay out funds in accordance with the budget as approved by the membership and authorized by properly signed vouchers. Vouchers shall be signed by two persons. Checks shall be signed by the treasurer and one other duly elected and authorized officer. Present a written financial statement in triplicate at every meeting of the organization and at other times as requested by the executive board. Provide the checkbook, all bank statements, canceled and voided check, deposit slips, receipt book, treasurer’s record book, vouchers and invoices for all disbursement to the audit committee who shall satisfy that the treasurer’s annual report is correct and shall prepare and sign a statement to be incorporated with said annual report no later than July 15. Be responsible for completion and filing of appropriate forms as may be required by IRS no later than the date established by the regulations. May not be a member of the audit committee. Complete the official Illinois PTA Finance training within six months of election and close the books annually by June 30.
The following District 54 students have moved on to the regional level for Reflections, a PTA writing and fine arts competition. The theme of the 2019-20 Reflections program was “Look Within.” District 54 students were able to submit an entry in any of the following areas: film/video production, dance/choreography, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts.
- James M., Grandpa (3D), kindergarten, Hoover
- Aarya G., Look Within – It’s Me, 1, Churchill
- Shreya H., Looking Within a Tree, 2, Churchill
- Aarna L., Look Within, 2, Hoover
- Henry M., I Can See You!, 2, Dooley
- Lolita N., Fantastic World in My Brain, 2, Fairview
- Savannah C., A Thousand Thoughts, 3, Dooley
- Aarushi J., Look Within: You Are the World, 3, Einstein
- Ronald M., Look Within, 4, Einstein
- Hanna T., The Dragon Within, 4, Dooley
- Kyle Y., Not Just a Bamboo, 4, Dooley
- Amelia K., Emotions Inside, 5, Campanelli
- Alejandra M., Random in a Head, 5, Hanover Highlands
- Riddhiman S., Equality, 5, Link
- Leah T., Look Within, 5, Dooley
- Amira A., Mask, 6, Churchill
- Delaney B., Heart, 6, Addams
- Katherine J., Please Don’t See Me, 6, Fairview
- Karolina B., Owl Mask, 7, Addams
- Cooper M., Batman (3D), 7, Addams
- Kathryn T., Airplane Bus, 7, Addams
- Lily Y., Keyhole to the Future, 7, Addams
- Veronica C., The Gift, 8, Eisenhower
- Josalyn D., Inner Demon, 8, Frost
- Katie K., My Mask (3D), 8, Addams
- Dominick L., Masterpiece (3D), 8, Addams
- Ashley S., Owl Mask (3D), 8, Addams
- Abigail T., Love is In My Heart, 8, Addams
- Sam W., Sam’s Eye (3D), 8, Addams
- Gayathirisree G., Look Within, 2, Collins
- Karyssa P., Stop and Enjoy the Beauty, 2, Nerge
- Arvie V., Countless Mountains, 2, Collins
- Kaarthik A., Look Within, 3, Churchill
- Savannah C., Nature’s Reflection, 3, Dooley
- Ashley G., Be the Change, 3, Campanelli
- Sonia K., Bird’s Eye View, 3, Collins
- Sonia K., Grand Canyon, 3, Collins
- Sonia K., The Beauty of Nature, 3, Collins
- Sonia K., The Beauty of Nature, 3, Collins
- Taylia P., Ringo’s Eyes, 3, Lakeview
- Raina M., Bears, Beanies and Bros, 4, Collins
- Christian Z., Shining, 5, Fairview
- Ava A., Summer to Fall, 6, Fairview
- Leilani C., Fooled, 6, Lakeview
- Leilani C., Positively Beauty, 6, Lakeview
- Leilani C., Fearlessly, 6, Lakeview
- Alan K., Neighbourhood Sunset, 6, Collins
- Nick R., The Manido Falls in October, 6, Aldrin
- Ken S., Looking Within Myself, My Goal, 6, Dooley
- Noah C., Voyager Finds Courage, 2, Lincoln Prairie
- Henry M., My Front Door, 2, Dooley
- Nora M., Look Within My Dad, 2, Hoover
- Arvie V., Brother Bunny Pluto, 2, Collins
- Emelie C., The Wishing Well, 3, Dooley
- Ashley G., Saving Sea Animals, 3, Campanelli
- Anish A., Speech for 21st Century, 4, Fairview
- Zana B., Life More Than it Seems, 4, Blackwell
- Emmett G., Peace in the World, 4, Campanelli
- Amelia J., Don’t Judge a Book By Its Cover, 4, Hoover
- Vernika S., My Precious Mother, 4, Churchill
- Sahana V., Look Within Me, 4, Fairview
- Kavin S., The Golf Tournament, 5, Campanelli
- Ishaana V., Ripples From Below, 5, Campanelli
- Emily G., The Power of Family, 6, Fairview
- Charlotte J., Kindness Counts, 6, Hale
- Karina S., Hidden Chocolate Chips, 6, Campanelli
- Aneesa S., Inside and Out, 6, Aldrin
- Joseph J.T. O., The Poem from Within, 7, Addams
- Raheela N., Not, 8, Eisenhower
- Ujin M., The Tale of the Dog, 2, Collins
- Taylia P., Let’s All Be Friends, 3, Lakeview
- Shatakshi G., Look Within Yourself, 4, Churchill
- Jayden D., Take Two, 5, Einstein
- Bhadra B., Revealers, 6, Fairview
- Charly P., The Flower, 6, Fairview
- Dalila G., Basketball Look Within Project, 8, Eisenhower
- Gissell T., How I Found My Identity, 8, Eisenhower
- Olivia E., Olivia’s Dance Diary, 1, Blackwell
- Kaviya S., I Live to Move, 1, Hale
- Ashley G., Brave, 3, Campanelli
- Vaishnavi B., Gymnastics – Floor Routines, 4, Hanover Highlands
- Vernika S., Dance – My Passion, 4, Churchill
- Noah C., Song On Talent, 2, Lincoln Prairie
- Kritika K., Voice of My Soul, 2, Churchill
- Madison S., Smart, 3, Aldrin
- Harish G., My Feelings in Different Days, 4, Fairview
- Harish G., My Mixed Emotions!!, 4, Fairview
- Aditya K., Inside and Out, 4, Lincoln Prairie
- Aditya K., Soul Searching, 4, Lincoln Prairie
- William M., Be the Change – Mitai Henka Ni Narou, 4, Dooley
- Vernika S., The Falling Star, 4, Churchill
- Vernika S., Music Makes Good Vibes, 4, Churchill
- Peter G., Happy Anta, 5, Collins
- Ria S., This World, 5, Hale
- Emily G., Making Up My Mind, 6, Fairview
- Shune O., Myself, 6, Dooley
Jan. 8 – PTA Council meeting
Jan. 15 – Spend the Cash ideas due.
Feb. 7 – STC High School Scholarship applications due
Feb. 7 – Auction basket commitment forms due
Feb. 21 – Auction gift card and wine commitment forms, and auction ticket orders due.
March 4 – Auction basket drop-off in the District 54 warehouse
March 13 – PTA Auction at 5 p.m. at the Stonegate
April 24-25 – Illinois PTA Convention at NIU Center in Lisle
May 3 – Reflections Spotlight at Milliken University
May 13 – PTA Scholarship Dinner at Mead Junior High School
Schaumburg Township Council of PTA offers scholarships for graduating seniors who attended a District 54 school. There are three types of scholarships.
- Junior College/Trade School/Vocational School Scholarships for seniors with a GPA of 2.85 or higher or a weighted GPA of 2.9 or higher (one scholarship available). Click here to complete the Junior College/Trade School/Vocational School Scholarship Application online.
- Four-Year College/University Scholarships for seniors with a GPA of 3.3 or higher or a weighted GPA of 3.6 or (six scholarships available). Click here to complete the Four-Year College Scholarship Application online.
- The Bonnie Greenberg Memorial Scholarship for a graduating senior with special education needs. The student need not be enrolled in special education classes, but must have a current IEP (one scholarship available). Click here to complete the Bonnie Greenberg Scholarship Application online.
All applications are due by 3 p.m. Friday, February 7, 2020. All candidates will be notified by April 15, 2020.
Awards will be presented at the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs Scholarship Recognition Dinner on May 8, 2020, and all recipients’ attendance will be requested.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Tunquist at email@example.com or 630-335-6855.
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs has received a grant from Lifetouch (our school picture provider) to offset the costs of PTA activities at the local unit level.
Each PTA will receive $400 for anything you need to fund that falls within the PTA objectives and values. You can host a cultural arts assembly, get new equipment for PTA programs, offset the costs of inside recess games or outside recess equipment, or whatever else you decide.
To receive a reimbursement, submit a Spend the Cash application and wait for approval from the STC Executive Committee. Once approved, spend teh cash and submit a check request to the STC treasurer. Receipts must be included.
PTA Purposes (Historical Goals of PTA)
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA’s goal of a quality education and nurturing environment for every child.
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
Northwest Cook Region PTA will host the following workshops in September to help local PTAs start the school year prepared and informed. This year courses will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. at Westgate Elementary School, Door 9, 500 W. Dwyer in Arlington Heights. Visit MemberHub to register. Walkins are welcome but materials can only be guaranteed for those who register by Sept. 9. For questions, email Jeanette Harris Jharris@nullillinoispta.org.
Sept. 10 – PTA 101 – Your Road to Success
This course explains the who, what and why of PTA. This course is for everyone! The bylaws require this for the entire board (chairmen and officers).
Sept. 10 – Reflections
Learn about the ins-and-outs of hosting and supporting the PTA Reflections program, including rules, due dates, packaging, promotion, judging, best practices, tips and success stories.
Sept. 12 – Money Matters 101
This course will take you through everything you will be responsible for as a PTA treasurer including how to prepare a budget, conducting an audit, fundraising, managing money and bank accounts, electronic banking, treasurer’s financial reports, accountability to members and the government, and how to protect your 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. It is suggested that all PTA treasurers and presidents take this course, but it would be beneficial to any PTA officer.
Sept. 12 – Planning Your Year-Round Membership Campaign
Get energized with new ideas to help promote membership to your parents, staff and community members. Learn about promotion ideas, membership incentives and resources to use throughout the year. This is not a MemberHub workshop.
Sept. 17 – Presidents’ Course
Now that you have stepped up to be President, learn what it takes to do the job well! This course will give you the information needed to manage your PTA and have a fun exciting time doing it.
Sept. 19 – PTA 101 – Your Road to Success
This course explains the who, what and why of PTA. This course is for everyone! The bylaws require this for the entire board (chairmen and officers).
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs is proud to announce its 2019 scholarship recipients:
The Bonnie Greenberg Memorial Scholarship
- Rylee Benson (Churchill/Eisenhower/Hoffman Estates)
Four-Year College/University Scholarship
- Alyssa Brand (MacArthur/Collins/Frost/Conant)
- Kelly Guagenti (Stevenson/Mead/Conant)
- Rashini Jayawardena (Hanover Highlands/Campanelli/Mead/Schaumburg)
- Cassidy Leno (Dirksen/Frost/Schaumburg)
- Rajat Mittal (Collins/Campanelli/Mead/Conant)
- Jaylen Patel (Nerge/Mead/Conant)
- Kathryn Sklena (Churchill/Eisenhower/Hoffman)
Each student received a one-year, $1,000 scholarship at the annual STC Scholarship Recognition Dinner May 8. The recipients are all seniors in high school who once attended a District 54 school.
The STC Elementary Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce the recipients of the scholarships for summer enrichment camps and programs this year. The STC of PTAs extends its congratulations to the 105 recipients and its best wishes to ALL of the 134 students who applied. The committee would like to thank the local unit Elementary Scholarship Coordinators at each of our schools who worked to make this program a success.
|First Name||Last Initial||School||Grade||Camp|
|Leah||R||Addams||7th||Schaumburg Park District Team Voyager|
|Joshua||L||Addams||7th||District 54 Stem Camp|
|Nyah||S||Anne Fox||5th||Explorers Camp|
|Ema||B||Armstrong||K||Creative Arts Camp|
|Victoria||B||Armstrong||1st||Splash Down Camp|
|Zoie||F||Blackwell||6th||White Pines Summer|
|Luka||I||Blackwell||2nd||Sports, Splash & Create Camp|
|Ioakeim Aggelos||M||Campanelli||2nd||Hockey Camp|
|Talia||R||Collins||6th||Become a Kid Entrepreneur|
|Henry||B||Collins||K||All Star Sports Soccer|
|Laila||C||Collins||K||Gymnastics Tumble Cheer|
|Madison||S||Collins||2nd||Tumble Cheer Camp|
|Joshua||J||Dirksen||5th||NWSRA Day Camp|
|Austin||C||Dirksen||1st||Animal Crackers |
at Spring Valley
|Hatim||E||Dirksen||2nd||Kasper Summer Camp|
|Drake||B||Dooley||2nd||EV3 Mindstorm Robotics|
|Diana||C||Dooley||5th||Art Excellence Camp|
|Shunto||S||Dooley||K||Camptastic Day Camp|
|Henry||M||Dooley||1st||Lil SOS @ Spring Valley Nature Center|
|Shuue||O||Dooley||5th||Minecraft A Networked Adventure|
|Ajay||V||Einstein||1st||Camptastic Day Camp|
|Ethan||G||Einstein||5th||Lights, Camera…Toy Story|
|Richard||Y||Einstein||4th||Soccer 54 Fitness League|
|Nicholas||P||Eisenhower||7th||Jr. Golf Tigers|
|Anna||D||Fairview||6th||Camp Juniper Knoll/Cast Iron Chef|
|Dhruvi||J||Fairview||5th|| From My Head|
|Aaryan||A||Fairview||3rd||Ukulele for Beginners – Harper In Zone|
|Frank||G||Fox||K|| Chicago Bulls Youth |
|Dylan||S||Fox||2nd||S.O.S. Junior Camp|
|Cassandra||K||Frost||7th||Van Buren Youth Camp|
|Cristina Mary||W||Frost||7th||Track and field|
|Carissa||K||Frost||7th||IRCA Summer Spirit|
|Colton||M|| Hanover |
|Chelsey||S||Hoover||6th||Rise Dance Summer|
|Evan||D||Hoover||3rd||Golf Youth Clinic|
|Alexa||A||Hoover||3rd|| Gymnastics Summer|
|Blake||A||Hoover||6th||I Want to be a Star|
|Eleanor||C||Hoover||2nd||I Want to be a Star|
|Oliver||H||Hoover||5th||I Want to be a Star|
|Diana||V||Hoover||2nd||I Want to be a Star|
|Rujuta||S||Hoover||4th||Lights, Camera…Toy Story|
|Kyle||P||Hoover||5th||SOS Skills |
for Outdoor Survival
|Leilani||C||Lakeview||5th||NIHF – STEM Inventors|
|Avery||S|| Lincoln |
|Sam||J|| Lincoln |
|Kirsten||L|| Lincoln |
|2nd||Group Guitar for Beginners|
|Riley||T|| Lincoln |
|Zoe||C|| Lincoln |
|2nd||Splash Down Camp|
|6th||Rise Dance Summer Dance|
|Charlie||K||Link||6th||PGC Basketball Skills Academy|
|Brody||S||Link||6th||PGC Basketball Skills Academy|
|Sean||K||Link||2nd||Kasper Summer Camp|
|Gwendolynn||R||MacArthur||5th||Summer Soccer Camp|
|Alexa||S||MacArthur||3rd||Creative Arts Camp|
|Kailey||W||MacArthur||5th||Summer Horse Camp|
|Kasia||M||MacArthur||6th||SAA Golden Goal Striker Camp|
|Olivia||P||MacArthur||5th||Summer Instrumental Music|
|Jessica||P||Nerge||6th||Overshadowed’s Youth Theater Camp|
|Matthew||S||Nerge||5th||Rolling Meadows Renegades Hockey Camp|
|Joseph||S||Nerge||3rd||Elk Grove Park District Art Camp|
|Seyenna||P||Nerge||5th||3D Printing Through Art & Architecture|
|Rilyn||B||Nerge||1st||Girls Just Wanna Dance Camp|
|Olivia||O||Stevenson||K||Summer Camp at Tutor Time|
|Joline||K||Stevenson||1st||Aqua Summer Camp – Mermaids & Minnows|
|Carter||R||Stevenson||K||Camp Invention – STEM Camp|
The nominating committee submits the following slate of nominees to serve as officers of the Schaumburg Township Council of PTA for the 2019-20 term.
- President: Jim Sklena
- 1st Vice President: Katie Forsythe
- 2nd Vice President: Eileen Morris
- Recording Secretary: Michelle Pikscher
- Corresponding Secretary: Quinn Kuipers
- Treasurer: Cheryl Gleason
The slate will be announced at the PTA Auction on March 8.