Posted April 8th, 2014 by Terri McHugh
Fox student Pamela I. and Frost student Ashleigh F. have qualified for the national level in Reflections, a PTA writing and fine arts competition. The theme of the 2013-14 Reflections Program was “Believe, Dream, Inspire.” District 54 students were able to submit an entry in any of the following six arts areas: film/video production, dance/choreography, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts.
Pamela qualified in the film production category for her entry Believe, Dream, Inspire – JDRF. Ashleigh qualified in the photography category for her entry Nature’s Beauty.
Other District 54 students received honorable mentions at the state competition. They are as follows:
Aahana from Fairview - Incorporating Different Styles of Dance
Ashley from Frost - River
Angelyn from Link - What I Did Last Summer
James from Collins - Free
Harlow from Lincoln Prairie - The Wish
Olivia from Lincoln Prairie - Morning Breath
Posted April 7th, 2014 by Terri McHugh
April 8 – Schaumburg Early Childhood PTA meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Frost
April 11 – Illinois PTA Convention in Lisle
April 23 – Vendor Fair at 5:30 p.m. at Mead
May 7 – PTA Council meeting
May 14 – Scholarship Recognition Dinner at 5:30 p.m. at Addams
May 21 – PTA Council meeting – Old Board/New Board
May 23 – Boomers Benefit Night at 6:30 p.m.
Posted April 3rd, 2014 by Terri McHugh
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs will host its annual Vendor Fair, including workshops for presidents and treasurers, on Wednesday, March 23, at Mead Junior High School, 1765 Biesterfield Road in Elk Grove Village.
The vendor fair from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. is an opportunity to meet a variety of local vendors who would love to assist you in planning for the coming year. Possible categories of vendors include, but are not limited to, hot lunch, treat day, spirit wear, year book and fall product. Looking for some new ideas? This is a great place to start.
The workshops following the vendor fair (7-8 p.m.) will be geared toward incoming presidents and treasurers to kick off a good year.
For more information about the vendor fair or workshops, please contact Mucia Burke at 847.476.0339 or Mikel Eppenbaugh at 847-627-0147.
Posted February 7th, 2014 by Terri McHugh
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs currently has a Special Projects Fund which is used to finance projects that benefit the children of District 54 and support the PTA’s Mission, which is “To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.”
We have asked our local PTAs to submit ideas on how to spend this money to benefit the children of District 54. This year we received three ideas and voted at our March Council meeting to fund them all. Winners were announced at the STC Auction on March 14.
The following ideas will be funded.
- Movie License - STC will pay for a one-time movie license for each of our 28 local units.
- Run to Read Donation - STC will donate $2,000 toward the district’s 1,000 books per classroom initiative.
- Family Fun Games - STC will purchase family fun games that local units will have the opportunity to check out and use for events at their school. The proposed total to be spent is between $3,000 and $4,000. The final amount will be determined based upon what games are purchased.
Posted January 22nd, 2014 by Terri McHugh
The nominating committee met on January 21, 2014, for the purpose of creating a slate of nominees to serve as officers of Schaumburg Township Council of PTA for the 2014-2015 term.
We, the nominating committee, submit the following individuals as the STC officer nominees:
President: Mikel Eppenbaugh (Eisenhower)
First Vice President: Amy McCarthy (Dooley)
Second Vice President: Lisa Guagenti (Mead)
Recording Secretary: Shonda Dudlicek (Armstrong)
Corresponding Secretary: Lisa Reck (Aldrin)
Treasurer: Kate Johnson (MacArthur)
- Chairman Lisa Reck (Aldrin)
- Lori Filby (Stevenson)
- Merydith Brostoff (Addams)
- Michelle Tunquist (Campanelli)
- Yvette Quintanna (Einstein)
- Angie Hosp (Keller)
- Madhavi Yellapragada (Blackwell)
- Alternate LaToya Walton (Hoover)
- Alternate Kelly Behnke (Nerge)
- Superintendent Andy DuRoss
Posted January 21st, 2014 by Terri McHugh
The following students from District 54 moved on to the state level for Reflections, a PTA writing and fine arts competition. The theme of the 2013-14 Reflections Program was “Believe, Dream, Inspire.” District 54 students were able to submit an entry in any of the following six arts areas: film/video production, dance/choreography, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts.
There will be a reception honoring the Reflections students from PTA District 37 (which includes School District 54) whose entries advanced to the state level on March 5 at South Middle School, 400 S. Highland Ave., Arlington Heights.
Name, Title of Work, Grade, School
- Madison, Dreaming of Cinderella, 2, Lincoln Prairie
- Aahana, Incorporating Different Styles of Dance, 5, Fairview
- Ashley, River, 7, Frost
- Ananth, Never Give Up!, 2, Link
- Fatima, Believe in Your Dreams, 4, Enders-Salk
- Angelyn, What I Did Last Summer, 4, Link
- Liz, Dream for Trouble, 5, Lincoln Prairie
- Jyllian, Growing Friendship, 5, Stevenson
- Pamela, Believe, Dream, Inspire – JDRF, 6, Fox
- Emily, All Animals Can Dream, But Only A Few Make Dreams Come True, 6, Campanelli
- Adya, Believe, Dream, Inspire, 5, Fairview
- Manisha, Believe! Dream! Inspire!, 6, Fairview
- James, Free, 6, Collins
- Rose, She, 7, Lincoln Prairie
- Nathan, An Inspiring Legacy, 8, Frost
- Akshata, Jewels, 2, Hoover
- Manisha, Nature’s Beliefs, 6, Fairview
- Jessica, Trumpet Dream, 6, Lincoln Prairie
- Kira, Butterflies’ Flight, 6, Lincoln Prairie
- Wei, Fantasize the Spark, 8, Addams
- Harlow, The Wish, Kindergarten, Lincoln Prairie
- Emma, Long Haired Grass, 2, Enders-Salk
- D’Angelo, The Red Rose, 2, Enders-Salk
- Thomas, The Staircase, 2, Hoover
- Olivia, Morning Breath, 5, Lincoln Prairie
- Manisha, Crossroads in the Sky, 6, Fairview
- Ashleigh, Nature’s Beauty, 7, Frost
- Labdhi, Believe, Dream, Inspire, 5, Collins
- Clare, My Dream To Dance, 8, Mead
- Eleanor, Books Can Inspire, 8, Frost
Posted January 21st, 2014 by Terri McHugh
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs is once again offering scholarships to eligible seniors graduating in 2014. There are three types of scholarships:
- Junior College/Trade School/Vocational School Scholarships for seniors graduating in the upper 50 percent of their class (up to two available);
- Four-Year College/University Scholarships for seniors graduating in the upper 30 percent of their class (up to five available); and
- The Bonnie Greenberg Memorial Scholarship for a graduating special needs senior with a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP). The student need not be enrolled in special education classes, but must have a current IEP (one available).
All seniors who meet the following eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply. For more information and an application, visit http://pta.sd54.org/highschoolscholarship.
For more information, contact Nicole Villafuerte at (847) 975-0489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted January 15th, 2014 by Terri McHugh
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs annual benefit auction and dinner will be held on Friday, March 14, 2014, at the Stonegate Conference Center, 2401 W. Higgins Road in Hoffman Estates. Our theme this year is College Bound.
All proceeds from this event will benefit the STC Scholarship Fund. The evening features both a silent and live auction with items ranging from handcrafted pieces to gift certificates and services donated by each District 54 PTA and the local business community. The ticket price of $25 includes dinner. To get your auction paddle, you will also have to donate a nonperishable food item for the District 54 Food Pantry.
The event will begin at 5:30 p.m. when the silent auction opens. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m., followed by a general meeting at 7 p.m. and the live auction at 7:30 p.m. Tickets will be held at the door. You cannot purchase tickets the night of the event.
Dinner reservations are due Feb. 28 – STC Auction Ticket Order Form 2014.
For more information visit http://pta.sd54.org/auction/.
Posted January 9th, 2014 by Terri McHugh
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs will host a blood drive from 2:30 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 11 in the Rafferty Administration Center, 524 E. Schaumburg Road in Schaumburg. All donors will receive a sports backpack from Heartland Blood Centers.
Each unit of blood donated can save three lives. Each day in the Chicagoland area, 700 units of blood are needed. Anyone between the ages of 17 and 75 who weighs at least 110 pounds can participate.
Walk-ins are welcome, but appointments are preferred. To schedule an appointment visit https://ht.heartlandbc.org/donor/schedules/drive_schedule/2022095.
For more information about this blood drive or to sign up to be a donor, please contact Laurie Fetterman, Health and Safety Chairperson of the PTA Council, (630) 855-3366 or by email at LJFetterman@yahoo.com.
Posted January 8th, 2014 by Terri McHugh
Jan. 10 – STC Executive Committee nominations due
Jan. 15 – PTA Nominating Committee Workshop at 7 p.m. at the District 25 Administration Center, 1200 S. Dunton Ave. in Arlington Heights
Jan. 15 – Communications: Tips and Tools for Your PTA Workshop at 7 p.m. at the District 25 Administration Center, 1200 S. Dunton Ave. in Arlington Heights
Feb. 11 – Blood Drive at the Rafferty Center (2:30-7 p.m.)
Feb. 21 – Drop-off at Rafferty Center for auction donations
Feb. 28 – Support the District 54 Foundation at its Mardi Gras event
March 1 – Illinois PTA Awards must be postmarked
March 5 – Reflections Exhibit at South Middle School in Arlington Heights
March 14 – STC Auction
April 11 – Illinois PTA Convention
To register for the workshops, email email@example.com. Walk-ins are welcome but cannot be guaranteed.